Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lately...

The past two weeks were a blur of sewing and events. I had so much fun, and could wax poetic on everything for days! I had my birthday party, to which I wore a simple 1810s gown of tambour embroidered cotton lawn. Then came the 4 day Reagan event, which was extreme in many regards: extreme heat, extreme amounts of school children, and extreme fun. I only got pictures from the last day, though, since this was a first person event and we couldn't be whipping out cameras all over the place. A lot of them are of me from behind, or me in action; sorry!

Just a few pictures, since the hour is late and I'm fading fast. I'll be moving on to 1860s things now: a vivandiere "uniform" complete with little wooden keg, and possibly a new sheer.



(Above pictures by M. Ehrlich)














3 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

It looks like you guys got married-white dress, cake, dancing. :D

Stephanie Ann said...

I've was just awarded the "one lovely blog award" and I am now passing it on to you. You can get the award off of my blog at: http://worldturndupsidedown.blogspot.com/2011/04/100-followers-and-ive-been-awarded.html

Bookmaster said...

I love the birthday pics! The Newland House was the perfect backdrop for those shots. ;)